Sandpoint is a beautiful small town in the panhandle of Idaho, offering indoor and outdoor attractions for visitors of all ages. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Idaho Panhandle National Forests are comprised of three forests: Coeur d’Alene, Kaniksu and Saint Joe National Forests. Originally famous for precious metals and gems, the forests now have an abundance of wildlife, hiking trails, rivers and hunting and fishing opportunities.
- Visit Spokane is the Spokane, Washington visitors bureau. It features links and information regarding accommodations, activities, events, shopping and dining in the area.
- Silverwood Theme Park is the largest theme park in the Northwest, housing more than 70 attractions. Visitors can see shows, ride a variety of theme park rides, including roller coasters, and enjoy the water park located within the park.
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort is the largest ski resort in Idaho, with 92 runs and more than 24 miles of hiking, riding and biking trails. The unique aspect of this resort is its snowcat skiing trails.
- Triple Play Family Fun Park has an abundance of activities for families to enjoy, including miniature golf, go-karts, bowling, a climbing wall, a playground, laser tag and bumper boats. The facility also features a two-story indoor water park with slides, activities and a Jacuzzi.